To get started as a new PTAC Client, you will need to fill out the PTAC Profile form (link coming soon) so your company information can be entered into the data base, which begins the daily emails with solicitations that may interest you.

A Quarterly Survey  is sent to each PTAC client. This form MUST be filled out by each client since the PTAC is funded by the Department of Defense as well as the State of Michigan. The PTAC is audited every year and one requirement is to report the percentage of those surveys returned. PTAC Staff also reviews those surveys to see if there are any problems you are having so assistance can be provided to your company. All PTAC services are FREE of charge.

PTAC Staff commits to keep all clients apprised of upcoming trainings and seminars that you might be interested in as well as other opportunities. Continue to check out the 2018 PTAC Calendar of Events on our home page.

PTAC Staff contacts for Jackson County:
Kim Langenberg, Program Director at 517-853-6445 or
Lori Wood, Procurement Technician, 517-782-8269 or


  • Dun & Bradstreet
  • You will need a DUNS number – Click on Start Now! If you move, you do not need to get a new DUNS number – just click here to update your existing DUNS number

  • What can your company do or what does your company make? Find the codes that best describe your company.

  • Federal Supply Groups
  • Products: FSC Federal Supply Codes – These are two-digit numerical codes. Click on the code with the best description and see the four-digit numerical codes for when you register for the Federal Government.
    Services: PSC Product Service Codes – These are sing letters codes. Click on the code with the best description and see the four-digit alpha/numeric codes for when you register for the Federal Government.

  • SAM
  • NOW you’re ready to register for the Federal Government in SAM. Be sure to set aside about 45-60 minutes to fill this out.
    1. Why register on SAM? This is so you can get paid, have others see what you do (for teaming and subcontracting), set your company up as a small or large company according to the Small Business Administration (SBA) and those NAICS codes that you choose.
    2. You will be given a Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) Code a few days after completion.
    3. BEWARE: When you register here, you will get other companies that want to “sell” you their services for SAM. PTAC is a no-cost, non-profit service that will help you through this and much more.
    4. Within SAM, there is another database that you will want to be registered for, if you are a Small business, called Dynamic Small Business Search. Click on the link that says: SBA Update or Register. Some information that will be transferred over from SAM, but there is also a lot of information that you will want to fill in yourself.

    Set-aside Programs – Setting aside opportunities for certain types of businesses:
    23% of the procurement dollars goes to Small Businesses. Then, under this umbrella:

  • 5% to Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSB) – They need to be certified within the Small Business Administration (SBA). You can self-certify or have a third party that is approved by the SBA certify you. Click here to see other requirements
  • 3% to 8(a) certified economically and disadvantaged companies. You certify through the SBA. Click here to see other requirements
  • Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone – It’s has to do with the location of your company. Click here to see if you are in a HUB Zone
  • To qualify, you must have 35% of your employees, including the owner, living in any HUBZone area. If you have both, check the HUB Zone website to see how you get certified and what requirements are necessary.

  • Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) – If you want to work with the Veterans Administration (VA) you will need to be verified with them. Click here to view the requirements and register your company with the Veterans Administration
  • Let us help you with your Capabilities Statement. It’s like a resume for your company, only it’s a one-page, one-sided document that is great for opening doors to an agency or prime contractor. Contact PTAC Staff to inquire about this and what it entails.

    Do you want to know what the federal government has bought in the past? What agency buys what I see? How much? Who won? It’s all public information at Federal Procurement Data System Contact PTAC Staff if you need assistance using this database.

    Looking for current opportunities and more? Check out the Federal Business Opportunities (FBO). There are many ways to search for current opportunities, sources sought, awards, modifications, and more.

    This is not the only place, there are thousands more, but we search most of them for PTAC clients for FREE! Contact PTAC Staff to become a client today, and get your opportunities emailed to you five days a week.

  • General Services Administration
  • The GSA has different schedules that you can apply for within your capabilities. Contact PTAC Staff for more information. Is it worth your time? You can find out by using the GSA Query.

    State of Michigan

  • PTAC searches the State of Michigan website daily and sends you the opportunities to review and consider bidding. You will be able to view the opportunities, documents, bid information, and amendments. There are postings from Community Colleges as well as public schools. By registering at this website, you will be required to enter information through the electronic funds transfer (EFT) to ensure that you get paid.

    Contact a buyer at the State of Michigan. These two sites include listings of buyers within the State of Michigan and the Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB) Agency Buyers in Michigan. Main Agency Buyers in DTMB

  • MDOT
  • PTAC Staff searches MDOT opportunities for PTAC Clients. Doing business with MDOT offers many options for clients. Some are highlighted below:

    Purchases of less than $25,000 by MDOT are processed directly by MDOT staff statewide. Vendors can contact MDOT staff at one of several MDOT Regional Office Locations to advise them of the services, supplies and materials their company sells.

    Purchases in excess of $25,000 by MDOT are advertised and processed by the Department of Management and Budget (through SIGMA – link above) for all state agencies.

  • Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
  • This MDOT certification is based on your financial statements. Various forms are available on this site as well. You can also mail your application and other documents for certification to the Wayne County Human Relations, 500 Griswold, Detroit, MI 48226 or to the Detroit Department of Transportation, 1300 E. Warren Ave., Detroit, MI 48207. If the Codes represented are NOT what you do, do not choose any of the codes, your NAICS codes will be used as an alternative. MDOT will contact you, if that situation arises, but be sure to become pre-qualified first to send the approval with the application.

  • Prequalification with MDOT for Construction
  • You do not have to be prequalified for Construction to get DBE certified. If you are going for DBE, you can get this certification before or after DBE approval. PTAC Staff recommends you do this before submitting your DBE application.

  • Prequalification with MDOT for Services
  • You do not have to be prequalified for Services to get DBE certified. If you are going for DBE, you can get this certification before or after DBE approval. PTAC Staff recommends you do this before submitting your DBE application.

  • Small Business Program Application
  • The information contained on this web site is for small businesses wanting to work with MDOT.

  • MITN
  • MITN is on the State of Michigan website, but separate from the States solicitations and Request For Proposals (RFPs). These opportunities are city, local, township’s, police department’s, fire station’s, etc. for you to bid on. You need to register, but be sure you don’t pay the fee to have them search for you – PTAC Staff does this FREE for PTAC clients! The solicitation will guide with instructions regarding how to bid and how to bill them.

  • Michigan Transparency and Accountability
  • You can find out if your competitors are getting any awards from the State of Michigan. Click on payment search then choose the year by ‘spending summary’, and enter the company name you are looking for in the search box. Scroll down to see what agency(ies) a specific company they have sold to. If you wish to view specific payments, click on ‘checkbook’. You will not be able to view what was sold or bought.

    County, City, and Township Info in Michigan

    Counties in Michigan

    Michigan Association of Counties

    Clinton County Information Search each department for purchasing smaller opportunities.
    Clinton County Policies and Procedures Manual

  • Formal bidding of $5,001 to $19,999 is a solicitation of written bids through mail, email, and via fax.
  • Informal bidding of $1,001 to $5,000 is via telephone or personal contact.
  • Basic Purchase of $1,000 or less is not put out for bid.
  • Public Bid Opening is done not less than 10 calendar days prior to opening. The notice may be provided in the local newspaper.
  • A Request for Proposals (RFP) is sent out to vendors.
  • A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is issued by the County Administrator or Department Head for more informal bids, and is also sent out to vendors.
  • Eaton County Information
    Eaton County Departments There are three different departments that do the purchasing.

  • IT products or services goes through the Information Systems Department, Jeffrey Parshall at (517) 543-4714 or via
  • Products or services pertaining to the buildings, comes through the Physical Plant, Steve Barnett, Director at (517) 543-2552 or via email Construction also goes through Steve Barnett, and are usually posted, sealed bids.
  • Purchasing Department prefers to use the State of Michigan MiDeal MiDeal These are contracts that are awarded from the State of Michigan to a vendor who has agreed to allow it to be labeled as a MiDeal contract, which means that other government entities can buy off of this contract.
  • Hillsdale County Information Look at the Hillsdale County Dashboard for the history on where their money has gone. Services is a large amount. Planning Commission might be one for construction.

  • Bid Opportunities
  • City of Hillsdale Bids
  • Hillsdale Intermediate School District
  • Ingham County Information

  • Vendors living in Ingham County get a 10% preference with the County.
  • Bidding Methods and Procedures
  • Ingham County Purchasing Department
  • Ingham County Current Bids
  • Ingham County Vendor Registration
  • Jackson County Bid Information

    Livingston County Information Bid Information


    Any opportunity $25,000 and above is posted on MITN

    Opportunities between $3,000 and $25,000, they have to get three quotes

    They usually look at vendors who have registered on MITN. Sometimes they have vendors who have contacted them in the past. Be sure to send them a Capabilities statement.

    Ottawa County Purchasing Info

    Cities, Villages & Townships in Michigan,4669,7-192-29701_31713_31714-97070–,00.html#J

    Look for purchasing department, Controllers or Comptrollers department, accounting department, or just call to inquire who does purchasing in that County, City, or Township.

    City of Charlotte Purchasing Policies–oAo&usg=AFQjCNE4UGSqI72cc2ugBtdvmIONmG_mJw&bvm=bv.92291466,d.aWw&cad=rja

    Start with the City Clerk

    City of DeWitt

    City of East Lansing

    City of Grand Ledge

    City Administrator

    City of Jackson

    City of Lansing View How We Buy and other titles under Purchasing.

    Miscellaneous Links

    DNR,4570,7-153-10368_61008—,00.html Here are the buyers. They also post on Buy4Michigan.

    Parks in Michigan

    Public Schools: Click on District web site where you can local who does the purchasing at a specific school. Each school district handles their purchasing process differently, but always begin with the Purchasing Department.

    PTAC Email Alerts

    • NASPO
    • This website you will take you to a map where you can select a certain state, which will then lead you to their respective procurement website. You will learn how you can do business with that state, what requirements they have, the work they have posted to bid on, and more. They also have a cooperative purchasing group that any state can post what they need, and other states can post that they will buy off of this award when it is made.

    • SAM Registration Email Alerts